Thursday, June 03, 2004

Tenet Resigns

Ok so now George Tenet has resigned and taken accountability, do you think others that should will follow his lead? Let's face it, he's not the only one that should go. I, personally, did not feel he should resign. I know many Americans think he should resign and that's fine. I know he had more than a few failures, but I did not want him to resign, I like him a lot. He's like an idol to me, he's so smart and has a clear view of all of our security needs. He did serve our country well in his tenure as CIA director and he will be missed by a lot of Americans. He will leave in mid-July and John McLaughlin (CIA Deputy Director) will take over as acting Director. Tenet says that he quit for "personal reasons" and to spend more time with his family. Most believe it was for proffesional reasons and I seem to agree. I also think that he did not like the way things were going, so far as them getting blamed for things they did not deserve to be blamed and also the 9/11 commission hinting that they might suggest a new infrastructure and new set-up for the intelligence community. I am sad to see him go and feel he could have improved the agency, still more than he already did. I hope Mr. McLaughlin does his job well and he is a good man who is out to serve our country 100%.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home