Thursday, May 20, 2004

What's Really Going On

Can someone please let me know what's really going on. I mean, the taxpayers of America, actually paid-what I think they said- amounts to be 27 million dollars to Ahmad Chalabi and his Iraqi National Congress (INC) for his intelligence, from before the war up until, maybe a week or two ago. I believe it was around $350,000 a month, for a bunch of what turned out to be lies. All the while, VP Cheney and SD Rummy-and let's not forget his little helper Paul Wolfowitz- really wanted Chalabi to be the future president of Iraq. Now, they must have figured that they know best, as usual, and nevermind the small fact that the CIA did not like him at all and definitely were not supporting him. I guess also forget the fact that he was convicted in absentia in Jordan for bank fraud, years ago. More recently he's been under rumor/suspicion of passing secrets to Iran. Last and by our governments standards, I guess least, is the fact that he lied almost about everything, took tons of money from the American people in the process, got us into the war-virtually on his own. Then to top it all off, he was actually criticizing the way we were running the war recently.......I'll say this he's definitely got a lot of nerve..........hmmmmmmm reminds me of a couple other people I mentioned earlier, no wonder they like him so much. I ,personally, don't hate the guy(who knows if he knows what intel. he was giving was false) but I do wonder if the American people(especially Bush supporters) Think this was worth it. Heck I bet they could have found people for 2 million or even half a million to tell them lies. If you don't you at them as lies being told, maybe you feel what was told is just what they wanted to hear, and that's why it was told and believed. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that they paid $27 million dollars for lies, that they chose to believe, that caused our foriegn policy to change so drastically that we went to immediate war, which they-"thought or were told"- would be a cakewalk and, of course, they believed that(and it's not), and then they did not even have a plan for after the collapse of the regime and there is more resistance a year later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home